1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do i download decent photos.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blondeez, Jun 11, 2011.

1. blondeez

blondeez Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Have had my HTC Desire for 6 months and couldnt work out how to download my photos onto my PC.
    My old LG was so simple, plug in the USB pics downloaded and of great quality.
    I looked on this Forum last week and saw simple instructions how to download the pics out of the phone. It worked so well that herein lies my problem.
    Instead of the 234 photos, I ended up with 1554 images amongst my photos and many of the same photos multiplied. There were images from newspapers I had never seen before, pictures of other mobile phones, strange people, all in all a crazy concotion which I have no idea from where they came.

When I went to view the photos they came up on the screen like small thumbprints and when I zoomed in they were all grainy.

All my past phones with much smaller pixels have given top quality photos.
    Why is this phone so hard, to do something so simple.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Plug your phone in with usb, choose Mount or Disk Drive mode on the pull down on the phone. When your card shows up on the computer, go to the DCIM folder. That's where your pics are stored. Just copy and paste them off the card.

It sounds likt you just let windows copy every jpg off the card, thats not what you want to do. As you found out, that also transfers bookmark pics, thumbnails, pics from games, etc. No need to do that, just copy your pics from the DCIM folder.

3. blondeez

blondeez Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    When I plug the usb in and select the disk, that works ok, but the only options I have that come up on the screen is to either, import pics, create a collage or view the pics, so I import..
    I was determined to stop being a victim of this dratteed phone and get those pics off. Some months ago I messed around withthe bluetooth in my computer which was new ans so was having bluetooth in the computer. I have no idea how I successfully transferred one photo from my HTC, because the next 14 failed. Never used it again. In the middle of last night I found the HTC Desire online handbook and followed the instructions for Bluetoothing the pics over to my PC and I DID IT. Everything is as it should be. AAAHH such a learning curve and another feather in my cap. However it did give me five years of wrinkles and grey hair with the frustration aaaaaaaggh. :p

4. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm glad you managed to get your photos off of your phone. However, there is a much quicker and easier way to do it and sitlet touched on it.

Connect your phone to your pc or laptop via the usb cable and select disk drive on your phone. Go to mycomputer on your pc or laptop and you will see that a new disk drive has shown up. Double click on it and you will see a list of contents that is on your SD card.

Scroll down to the DCIM folder and open it. In there you will find your camera folder as well as others. Opening these will give you direct access to your pics/videos etc. Simply select which pics/videos you want and drag them onto your pc/laptop.

Much quicker than using BT.

All Thumbs likes this.
Tags: