1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markw10, Jan 1, 2014.

1. markw10

markw10 Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    I have a Nexus 7 tablet and every few days I notice a few new apps on the device. I'm not sure if they're full apps or just simply icons to download apps or get more information. I have tried to avoid using them.
    I know previously I had a couple apps that were sending notifications to the notification system that I considered to be spam. After some research I found out how you can find out which apps are doing it and disable notifications from those apps so that took care of that. I find these new apps to be very annoying and would like to find out what is causing it and how I can turn it off or remove the offending app?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I moved this for you to the Nexus 7 forums where hopefully someone can chime in with some useful information for you. As far as your issue goes I would try something like Addon Detector to see if that can help find the culprit.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Yeah its just a crappy free app putting shortcuts on your desktop. Google have aparently banned apps that do that.
    I like Lookout Ad Network Detector app :thumbup:

4. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    woodworking
    boston ma
    A good start is

Settings/Security/Device administrators.

See if anything there looks odd or should not be there, for suggestions post what does have administrator access.

I can tell you every device has Android Device Manager, it is an official google app that locates your device and more, granting it device admin will allow you to remotely wipe your device of all data in the event you lose it or it is stolen.

argedion likes this.