1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do i fix a md5 mismatch on a backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Two_cents, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

I know about the no spaces in the backup name but I always make then with a "." instead of a space... like perfect.storm.3.26 and they always worked on my incredible... but I have changed the name of this backup to 12345 and it still says mismatch ... is it a bug with CWM? I asked on xda but it got buried underneath all the crap

edit:
    ok I looked in the backup file and found that there is no MD5 period... is there any way for me to create an md5 sum and put it in the file so I can restore it

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

3. Two_cents

yea I found that but it doesn't work cause I dont have an md5 at all in the backup... kind of sucks but I guess I"ll just live with this until I flash my next rom and just start over

4. Two_cents

ok so I found out the problem... it wasn't that it had a mismatch thats what it said though, the file had no md5 at all... I was getting the error "error making yaffs2 image of /sdcard/.android_secure" and it was never completing the md5 sum...
    to fix this put your sdcard in your computer and you should get the "scan this device for errors" popup... select yes and both boxes and it will clear the errors out of the card... now I can nandroid fine

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews