1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do i fix this charging issue?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Right, So I've got an HTC Incredible and I'm fairly sure I need a new charging port but I figured I'd ask around before fiddling with it and replacing it.

The charging on this phone is entirely wacked. I've tried countless cables and countless port options, so I've definitely isolated the issue to the phone itself. I'm currently with a wall charger and I've got it battery optimized. ATM its actually charging, but I can unplug it and plug it in again and like 99% of the time it will not only not give it enough power to charge when its on, but it drains it faster than if I just leave it unplugged!

I've tried just charging the phone when its turned off as well. I'll go to bed with the phone turned off at 10% battery, leave it plugged in and charging all night, but end up with 8% battery when I turn it on in the am. Weird thing is I *always* make sure the solid red light shows its charging before leaving it. It's like 99% of the time plugging it in actually sucks power from the phone...But when I dont have it plugged in the battery doesn't drain fast at all, its functioning completely normal.

Is there anything you can suggest I do aside from actual hardware replacements?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Make sure there's nothing impeding the charging port, there's no dust/dirt in there etc.

Also, it's cheaper than a charging port, but have you tried with a different battery?

3. Saz

Saz Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    Yeah I tried checking the charging port to see if it had any issues, but nothing wrong visible to the naked eye unfortunately. I might try the battery, but i just don't really see it being the issue especially when it functions normally and holds a charge fantastically.

I read somewhere that you can like reconfigure the charging port by pressing a few buttons so I might try finding that later and reporting back.

Cheers for the response