1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support How Do I Force My Browser To Not Show Im A Mobile Device ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZoSo925, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Active Member

Oct 3, 2010
    A few years back on my Dell Axim Microsoft PocketPC, I was able to tell my browser to not show I am a mobile device when surfing web sites.

Example, when I go to Ebay.com the web browser re-directs me to m.Ebay.com which is the mobile version of the web site.

Im using the standard browser, when I go into Settings > Advanced Settings -- Website Settings- View advanced settings for individual websites is greyed out

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    some browsers have a "desktop" option to load pages as desktop, but it still does not work with all sites, at least for me.

3. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Texas
    Try using xscope as your browser. It has settings that ask if you want to represent a mobile phone, an iPad, a desktop, etc.

4. dawankler

dawankler Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Here ya go:

Change the User Agent on an Android Phone

Most websites forward you to the mobile site based on the User Agent String sent by your browser. Those directions tell you how to switch it to emulate a desktop or an iPhone and setting it to Desktop will keep 95% of the sites from sending you to the mobile site.

5. Bomix

Bomix Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
  6. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Active Member

Oct 3, 2010
    darn I tried everything and cant get about:debug to work. I dont see any additional settings and the Advanced Settings is still locked/greyed out. I even set about:debug as my homepage and still nogo..heh

I think it was in Opera where I saw this option. I may check out the free version of that browser