1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do I get an Andorid to use as a toy???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jgirvine, May 30, 2011.

1. jgirvine

jgirvine Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Ok, so I was stupid. Loaded a couple of kiddie apps on my phone for my granddaughter. I created a monster. I could buy a phone on ebay, but, I could not get the apps on it as I understand how this works. Is there a way to get a phone that I can have the kiddie apps on without monthly service, or having a heart attack when she drops my phone.
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. wyattyoss

wyattyoss Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Ohio
    Simply skip activation when you turn it on, after a factory reset. That should do it.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    You could still load the apps on it. Either via wifi or by finding the .apk and loading them onto the SD card. You don't need a plan through a carrier to access the market via wifi.

4. pasach

pasach Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I have two phones,,one given to me,,,so I took the droid one, and loaded it with games, an the droid 2 is the phone I use,,,my kids are allowed to play on the droid one. Like they said, if u don't activate it or if you activate a new phone it will unactivate your previous. The unactivated phone will still play any music files or games, or books/book readers,,,,I cleared off most other apps,,and uncheck in settings wifi or whatnot,,,kids love it.