1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I get an Andorid to use as a toy???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jgirvine, May 30, 2011.

1. jgirvine

jgirvine Newbie

Ok, so I was stupid. Loaded a couple of kiddie apps on my phone for my granddaughter. I created a monster. I could buy a phone on ebay, but, I could not get the apps on it as I understand how this works. Is there a way to get a phone that I can have the kiddie apps on without monthly service, or having a heart attack when she drops my phone.
    Thanks

2. wyattyoss

wyattyoss Newbie

Simply skip activation when you turn it on, after a factory reset. That should do it.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert

You could still load the apps on it. Either via wifi or by finding the .apk and loading them onto the SD card. You don't need a plan through a carrier to access the market via wifi.

4. pasach

pasach Lurker

I have two phones,,one given to me,,,so I took the droid one, and loaded it with games, an the droid 2 is the phone I use,,,my kids are allowed to play on the droid one. Like they said, if u don't activate it or if you activate a new phone it will unactivate your previous. The unactivated phone will still play any music files or games, or books/book readers,,,,I cleared off most other apps,,and uncheck in settings wifi or whatnot,,,kids love it.