1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I get android to forget a remembered setting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan1113, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Dan1113

Dan1113 Well-Known Member
    None

I have a contact shortcut on my home screen and when I click on the button to email him, for example, two options come up, and if I wish, I can ask the system to remember the chosen setting.

I did this a while back for his phone number, so that it will call his mobile straight away. However, I would like to undo this so that I get asked which number I want the phone to call... I can't figure out how to undo this, however.

Any help?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I know it involves going to settings, applications, manage, (appropriate application), clear defaults. Just not sure what the appropriate application is in this case. I am guessing it would be either dialer, contact storage, or maybe contact sync adapter or something.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    This is configurable in Contacts app, on my devices anyway.

Within a contact, long press on a phone number and popup choices include Make default number.

When a phone number has been set as default, a checkmark appears next to it in contact display.

4. Dan1113

None

I see the checkmark but when I press and hold, the only options I get are "call contact" and "text contact"!

5. Dan1113

None

If I click on another number I get the option "Make default number" but clicking on the current number doesn't give me an undo option for that.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    Right, right. Selecting a different number as default accomplishes an undo on the number selected earlier. There can only be one default number per contact.

7. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    UK
    The only way i've found is to delete the contact and re-add the contact, you then get the option of which number you want to dial, i would have thought google would have put an option in there to clear the defaults so we get the option back for which number to dial, i never choose a default number, i may need to dial a contacts mobile quite often, but other times i may want to dial there home or work number.

8. Dan1113

None

I deleted the mobile number, which was default, and then simply re-added it. I now get the option of which number I want to dial, and none are set as default, just as I wanted. Thanks. :)

Tags: