• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do i get cwm 3xxx

I'm currently trying to flash cm6, i found the download link but i honestly don't know what to do with it, anyone please help

All help is appreciated
cwm 3 you can get from the market and install it the easy way like any other app.

At present to upgrade it to 3.0.2.4 or downgrade it to 2.5.1.8 you need to do it the fastboot method which is described in this thread along with about any other info you may need on installing custom roms.

ultimate ascend customization guide.

Upvote 0
cwm 3 you can get from the market and install it the easy way like any other app.

At present to upgrade it to 3.0.2.4 or downgrade it to 2.5.1.8 you need to do it the fastboot method which is described in this thread along with about any other info you may need on installing custom roms.

ultimate ascend customization guide.

Thank you. I'm about to install cm6 but I don't remember how to flash a rom hehe. Do i need to flash the sd card and to where to i drag the zip file

Upvote 0
Before anyone gets all antsy, cwm 2.1.5.8 will flash all roms and the metro mms fix.
I think some may need a complete guide on how to install 2.5.1.8 as some have major issues getting it to work. I'm a computer geek n wasnt getting it to work on my laptop until nuttmeg sent me the recovery.zip to upgrade to 3.1.2.4 n one for 2.5.1.8 I think, that or I copied the dir n swapped out the recovery.img for it. It looked just like the one you linked me too but his worked n yours didnt at the time. adb still doesnt see my phone from cmd lol but I am able to flash in fastboot using the recovery files for cwm. So for newbies I know it would be a pita.

Upvote 0
I think some may need a complete guide on how to install 2.5.1.8 as some have major issues getting it to work. I'm a computer geek n wasnt getting it to work on my laptop until nuttmeg sent me the recovery.zip to upgrade to 3.1.2.4 n one for 2.5.1.8 I think, that or I copied the dir n swapped out the recovery.img for it. It looked just like the one you linked me too but his worked n yours didnt at the time. adb still doesnt see my phone from cmd lol but I am able to flash in fastboot using the recovery files for cwm. So for newbies I know it would be a pita.

That's what I did. I have 2.5.1.8 and 3.1.2.4 each downloaded and renamed the folders, so I alway know which one I am installing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones