1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do i get group messaging for galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Android Question

I'm eligible for an upgrade for my phone and I'm thinking I'll get either the iphone 4s or the galaxy s3. I like the galaxy s3 better but I take part in a lot of group messages. I mean A LOT. And I know that the galaxy s3 doesn't have group messaging but the iphone does. So is there any way to set up group messaging on the galaxy s3? I mean like sending and receiving in a single thread. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Welcome to AF!

The 4.1.2 Android/Touchwiz software does allow for group messaging and individual messaging. You can actually swap between the two in the same thread.

Hope that helps, and see you around the forums soon!

3. alaws3

alaws3 Lurker

Do you have instructions for doing this? I have 4.1.2 with ATT and do not see this option

4. I have the same issue. I've even seen a screenshot using the stock messaging app on switching between individual and group messages (an option right below the listed contacts) that simply does not exist with my gs3 (ATT). I've heard verizon's software does allow this, but that just seems like something the phone should allow and not be dependent on the carrier. Running 4.1.2