1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I get Market On Rooted Wildfire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doritos123, Dec 23, 2011.

1. doritos123

doritos123 Lurker

Hi all, my Wildfire is running 2.3.4 (I believe is Gingerbread?) and it has Cyanogenmod 7 on it. I hardly know anything about Android hacking/rooting so just treat me as a noob :D I want to know how I can get Android market on my phone without upgrading or unrooting (or anything complicated really!) I did Google this but I couldn't understand any of it due to my inferioir knowledge of this OS. I would appreciate any help, thanks!

EDIT: Sorry to be a pain, but I didn't want to start another thread, how do I get my GPS working aswell?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. samrox144

samrox144 Android Expert

After flashing a cyanogen mod rom you have to flash gapps to get android market,gtalk and other google apps to work download from rom manager or google it and flash it ...

3. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Hey dude, use this link here
    It has a zip file which you can flash since your having problems with GPS or any network related problems
    P.S. As Sam (above) said, you need gapps which can also be downloaded from the link I included.

Soorbob likes this.
  4. Soorbob

Soorbob Lurker

Thanks for the help, but how do I flash gapps? I did a quick search and am I right in believing its the same as flashing CM7? If so, then I have no idea how to do it as I didn't root my phone myself, it was someone in another country believe it or not :D

EDIT: No worries, found a helpful YouTube guide :)

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews