• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get music on this thing?

HX_Guy

Jul 27, 2010
Im on OSX and I have to say I miss iTunes from using my iPhone, it was so simple to plug it in and sync.

The Captivate won't show up on my computer, even though I have USB Debugging on. It worked one time, but hasn't since.

Even if Im able to get it to show up, how do I sync songs and playlists to it?

Well, I went thru a simular problem. I was used to itunes as well. When u get it to connect, you have to set your phone to the mass storage setting, then mount it. Then you make a folder called music, and dump your files in it like a flash drive. Then rebuild your playlists one song at a time on your phone.

Or you can pay 2 bucks for an app called iSyncr. Load the app, plug in your phone, open itunes and click sync. All your playlists and iTunes music will be transfered. But any of the DRM protected music you have wont transfer. Lucky for me that was only like 4 songs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones