• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get my Book published?

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
hi everyone,

I just had an idea about a children's book. For 3-6 yr olds. I have written a rough draft. I will start working on the artwork myself.

This is my first attempt to do this.

Does anyone out there, that has experience...
give me some pointers on what, where, and how to get started with publishers?

Do I have to have a fully finished book to submit it?
or
Can I use my rough draft?

Thanks, :)
Dan

Because publishers want something that can be used in multiple countries and cultures. Something that'd be fine in the West, for example, a story involving white kids, would never sell in a predominantly black/oriental etc culture.
That's why anthropomorphised animals are used so much in kid's stories. You don't have to avoid the race issue with animals.
You might not believe it, but it's true. It's also very difficult to correctly submit something that gets the publisher's attention. Try looking up a guide on children's books.

Upvote 0
hi everyone,

I just had an idea about a children's book. For 3-6 yr olds. I have written a rough draft. I will start working on the artwork myself.

This is my first attempt to do this.

Does anyone out there, that has experience...
give me some pointers on what, where, and how to get started with publishers?

Do I have to have a fully finished book to submit it?
or
Can I use my rough draft?

Thanks, :)
Dan
Forget the artwork. At least for now and concentrate on your writing. Chances are, your publisher will find an artist for you. That said, your art might be great and the publisher might decide to use your art.

Finding a publisher is easy; the web is great source for finding publishers. Visit a bookstore and browse the children's book section. Note the publisher(s) you like and find them on the web.

If you decide to search the web, AVOID ALL AGENTS AND PUBLISHERS that want reading fees, don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones