1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do I get my music Ive purchased on my PC?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by SugarSpike, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SugarSpike

SugarSpike Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2013
    Im hoping someone can explain in simple terms how to do as so far Im finding it very frustrating.

I have purchsed a few songs from google play, the first complicated bit was when I tried to play them on my tablet(I have a galaxy tab 2 and am new to android)
    They were not appearing in the music player or the play music app, it asked me to sign up to something in this app which I did and my music appeared including a song purchased way back on a previous tablet which I thought I'd lost, (it had never prompted me to sign up to anything before so I dunno what I pressed).. anyway, I find it weird you have to sign up to something just to be able to play music you've bought?

Ive now synced the tab to kies but it only shows the sample music etc and I cant find my purchased music??

My eventual aim is to put my google purchased music on my pc and transfer these files to itunes so I can put them on my iphone as this is what I use to listen to music most but I have google vouchers to spend at the mo.

It is suppose to come up in the kies library when I sync it? if so why isnt mine?
    Or do I have to use another thing to get it on there? its seems too complicated just to listen to/back up music I really dont get it.

I also went to mymusic on my pc on googleplay and its asks me to sign up which I already did on the tablet, and then proceeds to ask me to set up a wallet which I already have.
    Ive been told I need to download music manager and I should be able to get my music on my pc that way, but surely it should just sync through kies, why do I need two applications?!

Please could someone shed some light Im getting very annoyed with google/android at the mo and I really wanted too get on with it and come away from apple but its not easy.

Advertisement

2. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Fremont, CA
    A problem many people have with Google+ is multiple accounts. Their phone is on one account and they unknowingly are using a different account on their PC. I had this problem and eventually got them all logging into the same account.

As an aside, I use Amazon Cloud for music and I have no complaints. I think it's better to have a different log in for music as my whole family shares the same account. It's not a per phone thing.

3. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Educator
    Raleigh, NC
    Don't blame Google for the RIAA's copyright schemes. The obfuscation is probably part of their license to sell the music. Download Google's Music Manager and it can auto-download any Play Music purchases as long as you log into the account that owns the music. Or download it via Play Store/My Music on the computer. Select songs, right-click, download.

mikedt likes this.
  4. venom2124

venom2124 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    North Carolina
    You should be able to log into google play on your computer and goto the music section and take a look at your purchased items. Then you should be able to right click on the songs you want and click download.

5. SugarSpike

SugarSpike Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2013
    So I have dowloaded music manager and it is currently uploading all my itunes to it, however I still cannot see my music I have purchased through google play even though Im logged in, signed up to my music and downloaded music manager.. what next?

6. SugarSpike

SugarSpike Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2013
    I dont think its recognising the accounts as the same?
    Aswell as no music being there, there is no apps either, if I go to download an app from the pc it says 'You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app on your device with this email account'
    But I only have one google account and its the same email on both.
    When I log into google wallet on pc it doesnt show my credit, or my purchases.
    I dont know how to fix this and Im on the verge of giving up I think, Im so frustrated with it now.

Ive never been able to log into google+ on the tab either, its says google+ is unavailable for your account. I can log in on pc fine.

Im worried if I delete the google account I added to the tab and try to re-add I will lose my voucher credit I have on there.

7. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Educator
    Raleigh, NC
    Contact Google support. That's your best bet

8. Pepee63

Pepee63 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Ultimate Media
    Australia:Melbourne
    Easy fix. Pin the songs to your phone or tablet. ( there's a little pin symbol next to each song ) next, download "music mate" and it will put the music file on your phone for you do whatever you want with it. You'd think someone on this site would know this info. Obviously not. The problem is that Google doesn't want you to have your music files so they keep them either in the cloud hidden on your phone so you can't get them. Google are mongrels like that.

9. Pepee63

Pepee63 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Ultimate Media
    Australia:Melbourne
    There's an easier way. More people should be made more aware of this. Download "music mate" It downloads Google music files from the cloud to your phone. Them you can play the music on any player, transfer it and do whatever you like with it. Spread the word.