1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I get my PLAYLISTS to sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pure745, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Pure745

Pure745 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    I had this same problem with my Droid X, so obviously I'm doing something wrong :)

With my Droid X and this phone I just created a music folder and dragged and dropped, which works perfectly for transferring music but not so much for transferring playlists.

So I also tried syncing through windows media player which has the playlist sync option and it's not working either. Any thoughts? My music is not organized through itunes, but that is an option too.

I tried searching already but found nothing, thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Roush

Roush Member
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Some people have suggested in the past using programs like Media Monkey (it's free for PC) and creating a playlist. I know there is a way for create them in a text document as well. I believe android reads .m3u playlist files, although when I tried to make one the other day, my t-bolt would delete the list completely off the card after removing the phone from the computer

TL;DR I think the file you need is .m3u, but I failed to actually successfully make one on my t-bolt... :c

3. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    My favorite apps so far are Double Twist and Poweramp. Poweramp by far is the best sounding music app I've ever found. Double Twist is free and also has a desktop application that will pull in playlists from both windows media player and iTunes and combine them into one player. What I do is combine my music and playlists in double twist, use it to sync to my device, and after that Poweramp will also recognize the playlists as well.

You can use double twist as a player if you want, I just like the sound of Poweramp much better.