• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I get rid of apps?

How do I get rid of the apps that Sprint loaded on the phone? I just rooted it, but the ones I don't need from sprint are still greyed out. Please help.

you can use an app called titanium backup. it is a great app that can not only delete apps, but it can also backup your apps and its data as well as freeze and deletes apps. you will have to be careful as some of those apps may depend on other apps and it could cause your phone to not work properly. make sure that you create a nandroid backup before deleting anything. really the best thing to do is to just use titanium backup and freeze those apps and if your phone does not act weird then you should be ok to delete them.

Upvote 0
Also, my phone likes to randomly reset. It was doing it before I rooted as well. Anyone know what may cause that?

I rooted a buddy's Evo a while back that would randomly reboot (it wasn't an overheating issue because his Evo's temperature always felt normal), when I flashed a custom ROM/Kernel, the random rebooting ceased.

*Correction, it wasn't a custom ROM, it was a rooted stock GB ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones