1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I get rid of this

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Hqvpc, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hqvpc

Hqvpc Lurker

I am new to the forums and somewhat unfamiliar with how they work but have often found helpful information on this site.

I have a Galaxy s5 and there is an annoying app thing happening when I swipe my finger across the screen. It is some sort of advertising page. I would like to remove it or turn it off but I have no idea what it is called. I included a picture with this post, hopefully one of you tech-savy gents can help me out.
    I am sorry if tbis is posted in the wrong place, Im still learning.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Do you have a custom launcher or just using the stock Touchwiz? If you haven't installed after market launcher have a look in settings>apps scroll across to running. Is there anything in the running tab that looks like it might be the culprit?

Hqvpc and tube517 like this.
  3. Hqvpc

Hqvpc Lurker

Thanks for the help. I went to settings and found nothing of that nature running but in the settings I swiped the screen and it did not show up as it normally would. Instead, a message asking "would you like to disable Iswipe when in settings?" Popped up. Turns out is was actually one of the many annoying features that the Clean Master app installs. I just deleted the whole thing but I am sure that I could have just disabled that particular feature.
    Thanks for the help!

electricpete and androidmachine like this.
  4. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Yeah a lot of those ROM cleaners and memory / battery managers are more trouble than they are worth. They will more often cause problems and slow down and drain battery.
    I'm pretty sure there is a post somewhere here explaining "The Truth about Memory Cleaners" or something, can't find it at the moment but more often than not it's best not to bother with them. I'll see if I can find the post if you fancy a bit of reading up about it.
    Edit: think this is the link I was looking for http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That looks like a Samsung Smart Manager/Cheetah Mobile Clean Master SDK widget, that some Samsungs come with. Is this a carrier version S5, i.e. it's customized, branded and subsidized by the carrier, and if so which carrier? I have seen this thing with a China Unicom version S5 and Note 3, and it's freemium games from the carrier's own app store.

If you hold down on it, should give you the option to disable the widget. But you can't remove or disable Smart Manager/Clean Master completely unfortunately, not without rooting.

PitCarver likes this.
  6. Hqvpc

Hqvpc Lurker

Mikedt I actally installed (and uninstalled) Clean Master from the google play store.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It looks very similar to something I've seen before with certain Samsung phones.
    http://androidforums.com/threads/41-galaxy-s5-models-dummies-guide.892162/page-2#post-7121322
    ..that takes you to this, which is clean-up task killer thing, and brings up Unicom's app store. Sure this stuff is Cheetah Mobile Clean Master, but customized for Samsung and Unicom.
    912aea1a50eb8242d315ec95a99e2e26.jpg
    The "73%" is a floating widget, very similar to what it is on yours, and one of the things it does is ads for games.

You removed the user installed Google Play version, but you've very probably still got CM as a system app, Samsung calls it Smart Manager. In fact if you look in Settings > Applications > All > you'll probably see "Cheetah Mobile Clean Master SDK" as a system app. What actual version of the S5 have you got, and was it supplied by a carrier, and if so which carrier?

#7 mikedt, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

tube517, Jfalls63 and mikedt like this.
  9. Hqvpc

Hqvpc Lurker

The picture I am including is the app I had installed it (on purpose) several months ago. It kept adding stuff and making subtle adjustments and updates. When I say that I deleted it, I mean that I uninstalled it. My S5 did not have it pre-installed from the service provider. Sorry for any misunderstandings or perhaps unclear explications. Thanks yall for the help.

Attached Files:

tube517, androidmachine and KOLIO like this.
  10. prince328

prince328 Lurker

SOLVED: I was also going through this.which was quite annoying while swiping your phone screen.It's simple to get rid of it.its due to ROM cleaning app on your phone.in my case it's clean master.just go through app>clean master>tools>iswipe>disable. DONE

Jfalls63 likes this.
  11. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Disabling, or better yet deleting, Clean Master is a simple way to improve your phone's performance and security :)

lunatic59 and Jfalls63 like this.