1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do I get this off my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kate77, Oct 20, 2017.

?

How do I get this off my phone?

1. Reset phone

2. Download an app to help get it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kate77

Kate77 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2017
    Every time someone calls this shows up

upload_2017-10-20_12-34-35.png
    then when I hang up this shows up
    upload_2017-10-20_12-36-2.png
    I think one of my kids got to it. I've looked though every app, I've used clean master, and deactivated/uninstalled apps that I though was causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Advertisement

2. psionandy

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    The fact that your post includes the phrase "I've used clean master" means I'm going to vote for reset your phone. *

Clean master has a bit of a reputation, and isn't something that i would trust to do anything.

Make sure you have a backup of all of your photos/documents/stuff before you reset though... and don't reinstall the apps if it offers you the chance. Then just add back what you want and trust.

*but thats just my advice....

3. fecallacies

fecallacies Guest
    None
  4. Lisa Mullen

Lisa Mullen Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2017
    Oh my gosh I'm not the only one!!! Is it possible this dumb thing showed up in the last android update?

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    If you suspect the kids did install something, try booting your S5 up into its Safe Mode:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28456
    When running in Safe Mode, it's just a 'clean' Android without third-party apps getting pre-loaded. If you don't see that same graphical oddity in Safe Mode that would indicate some app is causing the problem. Which goes back to that problem figuring out just which app it is. If you open up the Play Store app, tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper left, and select 'My apps & games'. Tap on the 'Library' column to see the history of what apps are and have been installed on your phone. You can sort the listing by 'Recent' or 'Alphabetical' so tap Recent and see what's been installed lately to see if there's something there you know you didn't add.

As for Clean Master, I agree with what @psionandy stated. It's the equivalent to snake oil with a touch of smoke-and-mirrors. Its primary purpose is to give Cheetah Mobile, located in Beijing, and easy way to collect data about you, and it does so deceptively by re-enforcing a misconception that by wiping things like app caches will optimize your phone's performance. (In reality, this only makes your phone work that much harder as apps won't function without their caches so each time you delete its cache, when you start an app it has to rebuild its cache.) Go into your Settings >> Application manager, find the Clean Master app, open it, tap the 'Force stop' button, then the 'Clear data' button, and then the 'Uninstall' button.

Hadron, psionandy and Dannydet like this.
  6. Lisa Mullen

Lisa Mullen Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2017
    Uninstall your flashlight app...that fixed mine!

7. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Did it work¿, are you rooted?

8. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    South Carolina
    Also agree on the removal of Clean Master. However, are you using the stock dialer app? I'm using a 3rd party dialer and it had similar screens that had to be disabled in the settings. Took a while because the settings we're extensive.

Xavier Black likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.