• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get this smart lock screen to stay?

So a few times, usually when I plug it in to charge, a totally new lock screen has appeared on my screen, saying it's some kind of new thing. It gives me the options to shuffle through my pictures for the background, to display the 7 day local forecast on the lock screen, and most importantly, has a "sleep mode" switch at the bottom that both turns on a do not disturb mode and let's you choose some ambient nose like a bonfire or rain to sleep too.

But I'll set these settings, and as soon as I press the home button, it slides away and returns me to my regular old lockscreen, and I can't make it come back no matter where I look in the settings. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how I can make it permanent?

Reactions: ernesto61sajo513
Well I don't know how that could be. I've had to recently unintsall basically every app other than the stock apps, my one game boy emulator, and my one bookstore app, just so I would have room to load new emails onto my phone. I even had to uninstall Pandora recently. So I don't know what random app it could be coming from.

And why would you look for it and get rid of it? It seems pretty cool and useful to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones