1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do i get those Cool weather effects from the HTC EVO 4G on my HTC EVO DESIGN 4G Boost Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EVOGUY88, Aug 20, 2012.

1. EVOGUY88

EVOGUY88 Member

I remember about 2 almost 3 years ago when the HTC EVO 4G first came out i got it on Sprint and it had those Cool weather animations. They were from that Sense version whatever version it was that the EVO 4G had???????

The effects were for the Weather in your area if it was Raining it would have rain drops and windshield wipers on your screen,If there was Lighting and Thunder it would have Lighting and Thunder on your screen,If it was snowing it would have snow flakes appear on your screen and it it was Windy Leaves would blow across your screen.

Really Cool some people hated this feature i thought it was Cool anyways my current phone is a HTC EVO DESIGN 4G on Boost Mobile Android 4.0.3 and HTC Sense Version 3.6 is there anyway i could get this feature on my current phone????? Maybe edit a widget or downgrade a HTC Sense Version or Something i wonder??????

Thanks for your helpful answers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

I'm going to assume that you know how to add a widget to your home screen. Add the clock widget and select the one that's right (think it might be the first one). Select what area you want it to be for... current location or a set place, and then select to have it show full screen animation. If you have the clock on your home screen already, remove it and then add it again. You can also choose to edit it but this way is fool proof(er).

On ICS it is laggy. Worked better on GB. But you can try it out.

EVOGUY88 likes this.
  3. SuspendedFate

SuspendedFate Newbie

You can also have the animations on the lock screen by using the Weather style.
    Not to sound too obvious of course.
    Even so, that is located at Settings > Personalize > Display(tab) > Lock screen style.
    Of course you can directly go to Personalize from the home screen instead of clicking Settings but still.
    Only difference is this one will only do the current location and, well, is on the lock screen. lol

4. EVOGUY88

EVOGUY88 Member

unfortunately you didn't help me Kolosus i new already tried what you said but thanks for your effort i am thankful I THANK YOU Kolosus.

Is there anyway to get the exact weather animations that the HTC EVO 4G had or is the only ones are the ones that are on the phone??????

5. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

:( Sorry dude. If other animations exist they might be tied into older Sense versions. I definitely remember the raindrops, wipers and sound from my wife's evo but I have no clue if that's included on the Sense that we have on the Design.

6. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Member

If someone still has a EVO 4G, couldn't they just rip whatever apk the animations were tied to and sideload it on the EVO Design?
    I hope so, because I'm very interested in our as well, it would probably be kinda cool =D

7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Chances are they wouldnt play well on the newer version of sense

8. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

Besides the versions of sense you'd also run into problems with GB and ICS. Might have better luck pulling it from Evo LTE since it is on ICS too.

9. philly400

philly400 Newbie

I have the same set up on my HTC Desing 4G Android 4.0.3 and HTC Sense Version 3.6 and its working: from home screen press screen, tap widgets go down the screen till you see weather htc choose it and that should do it.

10. cookiefrog

cookiefrog Well-Known Member

They were enabled in xfuzzion rom I need to go back and look at the development notes to see how they were done, they were disabled by default for some reason if memory serves correct.

11. cookiefrog

cookiefrog Well-Known Member

Ok looked and what we unlocked was the animations in lockscreen but I get the wiper and other animations on my Hero S well I did before getting my new phone.

12. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert

I just got the new HTC One previously had the EVO 4G LTE I don't see an option about animations anymore. On my EVO LTE as soon as I turned on the phone with the power button the weather would animate on my home screen and I had the wipers now I don't think it's there or I am missing a setting. I can see demos of all the weather though.

13. rc pilot

rc pilot Newbie

I am running the rom and Kernal on the folling page http://androidforums.com/evo-design...tc-evo-design-4g-all-carriers-root-guide.html This is what you are looking for. It has the animations such as the rain drops, the thunder, the fog clouds, and the windshield wiper. I am using this rom on my Boost Mobile HTC Evo Design and stuck with it due to the animations. It's a nice added effect. Your bigger challenge is the rom and kernal are offline, maybe you can contact Savage Shadows and see if he can get them to you.

Any Carrier ROM - http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?5362-Rom-Kingdom-Ics-xFuZiionZz-4-3-2-(Updated-8-7-12)

Kernel - http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?5366-ICS-Kingdom-FastKernel-V5-(8-28-2012)

14. painguy3

painguy3 Lurker

I am longing for the same weather animations ....I just upgraded from an Evo 4G to the new HTC One, and have searched all over for a widget that will give me the animations ie; rain windshield wipers, lightning. Have you been successful at being able to pull the animations into your new phone??

15. painguy3

painguy3 Lurker

I am longing for the same weather animations ....I just upgraded from an Evo 4G to the new HTC One, and have searched all over for a widget that will give me the animations ie; rain windshield wipers, lightning. Have you been successful at being able to pull the animations into your new phone??

16. supermaxkato

supermaxkato Lurker

I thought I'd post my research on the HTC weather animations. Hopefully it will be helpful to someone else. I did not research with rooted phones or other roms; only stock data here.
    I have successfully gotten this to work on a GB evo design and an ICS evo design. Even an ICS incredible 4g lte will work stock.
    But had limited results when trying to get the wipers to work with a different lock screen or home launcher.
    It seems that with this phone only GB allows widgetlocker lock screen to command the animations (will not work with ICS).
    The only other phone I've found it to work with is the HTC Thunderbolt (it's ICS update also breaks the animations). Incredible 2 w/ GB and incredible 4g w/ ICS would not work with widgetlocker.

But if anyone has any other weather animation data for the un-rooted like me I would like to know. Thanks for all the great info from this forum!

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews