1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do i go about this?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Nitrosolid15, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Nitrosolid15

Nitrosolid15 Lurker

I want to make android apps but i have no idea were to start.I know that android apps are primarily made in the java language but i checked out java and i do not know what to learn java has applets and other things what part of java do i learn before going into android development.Also after i know how everything works and what to do how would i go about making android games.I really want to do this and im really serious.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mpw

mpw Android Expert

What DO you know already? Do you already program? Are you planning on creating games alone?

Have you done any CS courses?

3. The_R

The_R Newbie

Learn the basics of Java and Object Oriented Programming. Get a good Java book and search for tutorials online. One tutorial I had followed was this:

Java Programming Tutorial - 1 - Installing the JDK - YouTube

Do not spend much time worrying about how you'll reach your end goal. Set smaller more achievable goals first and focus on them. For a start learn Java :)

4. Nitrosolid15

Nitrosolid15 Lurker

i have done some c++ so learning java wont be that hard.Yes i plan on doing to programming and sound alone but i know couple of buddies that might do the graphics before games i have to learn java and get some android development XP.

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic