• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I hang up the current call & answer an incoming call without swapping?

I'm on a Samung Vibrant with Froyo/2.2. I often get calls while I'm on the phone or leaving a voicemail. I would like to hang up my current call & answer the incoming one. However, I can't - I have the answer the incoming call, then swap back to my original, and hang up on that one. That creates a strange & awkward delay for the new caller, during which some might hang up if they think the call didn't go through.

I can't use the home/menu/back buttons, and I can't access the notifications window. The only things I can do are 1) answer incoming, 2) reject incoming, or 3) reject incoming w/ a txt message. Is there any way to 4) hang up current call & answer incoming? I'd love it if this were an option. I imagine this is something built into the OS itself, but is there an app that can modify this kind of behavior?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones