• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I install custom mods on my phone????

Every time I try to install roms on my phone, it goes into bootloader. What should I do? Model is HTC Incredible

are you rooted? is clockwork installed? Are you trying to use rom manager?
What steps are you taking?... Need more info.

If you are rooted already it sounds like you need to reflash clockwork, use rom manager for that.

Upvote 0
ROM Manager is broken on my DInc and I cannot do any backups, installs, or anything> I almost had a brick today because it wouldn't even turn on holding the volume down button. I finally got it to turn on and restore back to a happy ROM, but that still doesn't solve the fact that ROM Manager isn't working. I know it's the 3.0 update, but I cannot get it to go back to 2.5. Any ideas? I've uninstalled ROM Manager so many times its unbelievable. Is there another manager that I can use instead of ROM Manager?

Upvote 0
Hey everybody, I'm having trouble with this as well. My previous Incredible I rooted using 'unrevoked' with the Hboot drivers, I did the same process with my replacement (water damaged first one) and it's rooted. When I try to install a ROM (Uncommon Sense) from the zip file it goes through the backup process, as soon as it starts the install process, it indicates some text on the screen, resets, and restarts back at the homescreen back at original factory settings (like it reset it self back to factory). Any insight?

Upvote 0
Hey everybody, I'm having trouble with this as well. My previous Incredible I rooted using 'unrevoked' with the Hboot drivers, I did the same process with my replacement (water damaged first one) and it's rooted. When I try to install a ROM (Uncommon Sense) from the zip file it goes through the backup process, as soon as it starts the install process, it indicates some text on the screen, resets, and restarts back at the homescreen back at original factory settings (like it reset it self back to factory). Any insight?

Someone gave me this last night:

Open ROM Manager
Make sure the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery is 2.5.1.2 (3.0.0.5 might be under it. That's ok. Do not update and do not click on this!)
If you do not have 2.5.1.2, scroll to the bottom and find All ClockworkMod Recoveries. Select the one that is 2.5.1.2. Don't try and others as they will not work either. Make sure that you use 2.5.1.2 and do not allow the program to update again.

So far since I did this, I have not had any problems. I've been able to switch between ROMs again, backup, load, ect.

Reactions: Djonemore
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones