1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I install/move apps on/to sdcard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GTbrewer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. GTbrewer

GTbrewer Well-Known Member

My A500 doesn't have the usual Applications menu item for moving apps between
    the internal storage and the sdcard. How do I do this? Or, is this just not an option
    on the A500?

Thanks,
    --jim

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

It is not an option on Honeycomb as far as I know. All honeycomb tablets have the same restriction.

I don't know why Android 2.xx on phones lets you do it, but after all you aren't likely to run out room just with apps.
    It's the media files that take up the space and you can store them anywhere.

chismay and GTbrewer like this.
  3. GTbrewer

GTbrewer Well-Known Member

At least some Android 2.x devices (phones and cheap tablets) have a very small space
    allocated to internal storage. My Archos 101 paperweight has a VERY small space for
    internal storage. Add a few apps, maybe a game or two, and you're out of space. My
    Motorola Bravo phone has most of its apps on the main storage and the biggest ones
    on the sdcard, and while they would likely all fit on the main storage area, it wouldn't
    have a lot of extra space for more. So yeah, at least on the older devices with smaller
    storage allocations, or rather, at least SOME of the older devices.....there's a very
    real reason.

Anyways, I was mostly just curious. Thanks.

4. bigmomma

bigmomma Lurker

i have just recently purchassed an acer iconia a100 tablet with 4gb internal and put in and 8 gb external sd card...i am wondering if i can put some of my ebooks , pictures, and games on my external as my internal only has 1gb left and how i go about cleaning all the appps cache not sure if i'm doing that right... please help..am very new to the tablet....

5. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

bigmomma, try the Acer Iconia Tab A100 - Android Forums subforum, that is more directed at your particular device and the people there should be able to help you with your question. The a500 (the device this subforum is directed at) has 16 or 32 GB of internal storage, running out of space for apps is not a HUGE concern, I've had mine for almost a year, have 7.52 GB free on my internal storage and have 143 apps listed when I bring up my app list (stock Acer and Android stuff included).