1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do i know that someone has read my text.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Txt read receipt, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Txt read receipt

None
    I want to get a "read receipt" of a text I'm sending to my ex husband. He has an Android and so do I. He has been getting very hostile and when I opened up the last text he sent me, I saw a pop-up that said "a read receipt has been sent to the sender." So I know there's a way for me to get a read receipt of the text I'm need to send to him, but I can't figure it out. I tried the whats app but it isn't pulling his information in because evidently he does not have that app. So he has to be doing this a different way. I can't find anything on Google please help me I need to send something now and I need to know that he got it.

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Open the Stock Messaging app and select Settings. Scroll down and select Delivery Reports. It will be different for every device but "Delivery Reports" is what you are looking for. If not let me know what device you are using

Mikestony likes this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    You can send a request for a Read Receipt, but that has nothing to do with whether his phone will comply, nor will it have anything to do with him clicking on "OK" to acknowledge that receipt.

and, based on your situation, I can just about guarantee, he will refuse to let you know he got it.

Some carriers, like Verizon, will give an acknowdgement that it was "received" by the other phone.
    don't mean they read it, just that it got there..... BUT, both phones have to be on the same carrier.

I have never, ever, got a "Received" from a foreign "non-Verizon" carrier
    they just go "out there" somewhere, never to be acknowledged at all.

Mikestony likes this.
Tags: