• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I launch apps from the lock screen? [Resolved]

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
I feel like this is a stupid question because it seems like a feature that should just work out of the box (at least, I thought it did), but whenever I drag the lock ring onto one of the apps on the lock screen, as soon as I drag the ring, the app icons disappear and dragging the ring onto that spot only unlocks the phone, but it doesn't launch the app.

Is there some way to turn this feature on? I have the lock screen style in the Personalization options set to be the one that launches apps, but it's not doing it. (If I change this setting to another style, like the one that shows weather on the lock screen, will it still launch apps?)

Thanks.

I feel like this is a stupid question because it seems like a feature that should just work out of the box (at least, I thought it did), but whenever I drag the lock ring onto one of the apps on the lock screen, as soon as I drag the ring, the app icons disappear and dragging the ring onto that spot only unlocks the phone, but it doesn't launch the app.

Is there some way to turn this feature on? I have the lock screen style in the Personalization options set to be the one that launches apps, but it's not doing it. (If I change this setting to another style, like the one that shows weather on the lock screen, will it still launch apps?)

Thanks.

The only apps that will work are the four apps in the app try at the bottom of the screen.

I think the problem is you're dragging the lock screen onto the apps. You should drag the apps onto the lock screen ring, to launch the apps.

Try that.

Upvote 0
The only apps that will work are the four apps in the app try at the bottom of the screen.

I think the problem is you're dragging the lock screen onto the apps. You should drag the apps onto the lock screen ring, to launch the apps.

Try that.

Oh my god, it WAS a stupid question! I've even seen this done in videos, but it's been a while back! :stupid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones