1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I make a backup of 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TableTop97, Jun 1, 2011.

1. TableTop97

TableTop97 Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    So basically I want to upgrade to android 2.3 and I'm currently using 2.1 official.. All I want to know is how to make a backup of 2.1 incase I want to go back to it. :)

Advertisement

2. Nirob

Nirob Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    To make a backup, you need Recovery; To install recovery, you need fastboot & The fastboot enabled ROM doesn't work properly. So, It's useless to make a backup lol

But, If you want to, First install a fastboot enable ROM (Instructions in "Instructions to install ROM with Fastboot:" in this thread )

Then follow the instruction is "ClockworkMod Recovery:" but use this recovery image. After you have install Recovery, hold the Home button whilst powering on, keep holding it while the LG logo appears, it'll then take you to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen... Use the volume up & volume down buttons to navigate around the menu, the call button to 'click' or 'enter' and the power button to go back... Go to "Backup & Recovery" & select "Backup" to make a backup & wait... Done! :D

TableTop97 likes this.
  3. TableTop97

TableTop97 Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    Thanks very much for the reply. I no pretty much nothing about phones I don't even really understand how to get 2.3 but I'm sure I'll figure it out :) thanks for the little guide anyway, that'll definitely help me out. ;)

4. Nirob

Nirob Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Spend some time with Android, you'll understand it all :) We'll try to help if you want... :D

TableTop97 likes this.