1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do I make the screen go black but stay unlocked?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by deanis, Jul 30, 2013.

1. deanis

deanis Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2013
    Hi, new to the forums, new to my phone.

I have a Droid 4.1.2. Rather than locking the device with the power button, I would like to be able to type a key on my slide-out keyboard that would simply make the screen go black without interfering with any running programs such as the camera or GPS. The same shortcut should restore the screen. Is there a free app that can do this?

Thanks very much in advance. Looking forward to learning more.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Sleep Screen does that on some Android devices. There are several out there.. most are device sensitive, and some even bork out after a system update.

Screen off and Lock can be set to not lock. ... etc.

Search Play Store. ;)

3. deanis

deanis Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2013
    Thanks for the response. That was helpful in terms of better keywording, but still no luck on finding an app in the playstore that does this without interrupting running programs.

I also haven't had any luck on finding the settings internally to accomplish this using the power button. It only goes to sleep and interrupts the apps I'm trying to use.

If you have anything specific in terms of an app or a link to another thread with directions on how to change the settings internally on my phone, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.