• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do I manually delete a shortcut?

Josh185

Lurker
May 27, 2010
Hello all,

I recently installed Simply Stunning 3.2 rom and its running fine so far, however I have a bit of a problem with a shortcut that I made with bettercut. I made shortcut for contacts with bettercut but when I try to use it, it tells me the application is not installed. Now I have encountered this before and found that I could fix it by deleting the duplicate shortcut that bettercut makes on the built in home launcher (I use helix). My problem with this new rom is that it doesn't have the home launcher installed and only has helix and helix 2. Due to this, I have no way to open the android home launcher.

My question is, there a place that shortcuts are saved even though the home launcher isn't installed? If so where is that directory so I can remove the dupe shortcuts?

Are there any other ways to fix this? I don't want to have to use the stock icon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones