1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I move an App from Epic to Kindle Fire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sheepdogz, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Sheepdogz

Sheepdogz Lurker

I tried to download the US Bank mobile app to my mother's Kindle Fire. Since US Bank points to the Android Market, it wouldn't let me download directly to the Fire, because it doesn't support the Android Market. So, I downloaded it to my Epic and although I have the App there I can't figure out where the file is so that I can email it to my mother's Fire. I see some App files on the SD card, but not the US Bank app. Hopefully I explained that well enough. Can anybody help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

Hack your kindle fire to run the Android Market. Then, you can install all the apps you've already purchased there.

-SF

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

A banking app is probably a free app so just installing the market on the kindle probably won't be enough. The market is extremely limited when it's running on the kf so I doubt the app will show natively.

The easiest way to do it is to have a rooted phone and a file manager like root explorer and go in and get the file off the phone, move it to your pc, then move it to the kf and install it there using a program like root explorer again. You can get fancy and do the transfer with something like wifi transfer from the market, but you'll still need root explorer to move the .apk to the sd card on the phone where you can get at it to move. Very few programs can get at the data/app folder where apps install when you get them from the market. Root Explorer,Astro File Manager, ES File Manager, OI File Manager and a few others can do it but you're going to need root.

If your phone isn't rooted it makes it harder if not impossible to do. You might be able to find a program that does backups and try backing it up and looking over your sd card and get it that way, but I know most backup programs want you to have root too. Try System Tuner Pro or Mybackup and see if one of those will work for you.

4. badankles

badankles Android Expert

You don't have to root if you use Astro File Manager (free in Market). Use Astro's app backup option, then pull the .apk from the backup folder of your sdcard. Google direction on how to side load apps (.apk's) onto Kindle Fire.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews