• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I perm root this phone?

VMX

Feb 22, 2010
I tried the unlockr way, to use visionary to tempt root then go straight to perm root method. I did it 3 times, followed it exactly and I couldn't get s= off. It always says "insmod:init_module '/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (function not implemented)" when I get to that part. I dunno if im doing it wrong? But I followed exactly what it said to do.

What's up with this thing?

Damn 48 views and not one reply, I got this everyone.

You want to go here:[GUIDE] Permanent Root with Visionary/gfree (No ADB Required) - xda-developers

"I know the thread says G2 but this applies MT4G as well, it's a basic method."

If you need help with this let ME know and I'll help you out, there's so much information out there and though it's good info the person making the walk through forgets where they started off and how much it is to take all of it in when starting from scratch. Don't worry about all of the ADB Push information, there's a much easier way to get it done. Just PM me and I'll get you going but this isn't for people who don't want to learn, this takes time and dedication even as a user to understand what your doing and mistakes get made so knowing the information is key.

Reactions: VMX
Upvote 0
I tried the unlockr way, to use visionary to tempt root then go straight to perm root method. I did it 3 times, followed it exactly and I couldn't get s= off. It always says "insmod:init_module '/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (function not implemented)" when I get to that part. I dunno if im doing it wrong? But I followed exactly what it said to do.

What's up with this thing?
Go to junefabric and click on pdanet free android app for mytouch... its quick and easy to do and does not void warrenty

Upvote 0
Go to junefabric and click on pdanet free android app for mytouch... its quick and easy to do and does not void warrenty

The reason most people choose Android devices is the freedom to do as you please, if you don't mind restrictions and everything else involved in provider control over customers you would just own an Iphone and call it a day.

I can see why some people get nervous over flashing and getting into new things you don't understand but at this point you should at least take the time to understand why everyone gets into this development scene. It's for the sake of learning itself and finding something better to be involved with that will benefit you and others down the line.

Don't be a sheep, take some time to be something more.

Upvote 0
Damn 48 views and not one reply, I got this everyone.

You want to go here:[GUIDE] Permanent Root with Visionary/gfree (No ADB Required) - xda-developers

"I know the thread says G2 but this applies MT4G as well, it's a basic method."

If you need help with this let ME know and I'll help you out, there's so much information out there and though it's good info the person making the walk through forgets where they started off and how much it is to take all of it in when starting from scratch. Don't worry about all of the ADB Push information, there's a much easier way to get it done. Just PM me and I'll get you going but this isn't for people who don't want to learn, this takes time and dedication even as a user to understand what your doing and mistakes get made so knowing the information is key.

This one worked after every other documented method failed. Nice link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones