• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I play a .wav file in the Music Player?

moshock

May 20, 2011
This phone is a 9/10 for me so far, and the only thing frustrating me is music playback.

Problem 1) Where's the music widget? I had to download this (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.demboos.galaxy.music.widget&feature=search_result) which worked perfectly, but why wouldn't something like that come stock??

Problem 2) "Music Player" does not recognize .wav files, which sucks, because I have tons of albums ripped in wav's on my 32gb mSDHC card!!

Aside from these problems, the "Music Player" itself provides excellent audio playback and the interfaces is FAST, sexy, and functional.

But how do I get it to play .wav files!? I really don't want to pick up another player like PowerAmp because I've tried it among others, and I never like 'em.

So this is strange... If I go to "My Files" and then to "/mnt/sdcard/Music" I can view all 110 of my albums by folder name... and I can go into those with .wav's and play them with "Sound Player"...

"Sound Player" and "Music Player" look so similar to me, but apparently they're different?

/frustrated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones