1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I play music from Google drive?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hurtstotalktoyou, Aug 27, 2019.

1. hurtstotalktoyou

Google Drive can play music via the built-in audio player, but only one song at a time! In other words, there appears to be no way to automatically play an entire album from start to finish. Instead you have to manually switch to each song one by one.

I've tried searching the web for free third-party solutions, but no luck. For example CloudPlayer only works for a 30-day trial. Most other players (like VLC for instance) simply can't access Google Drive. I'd expect that Google's own Play Music app could access Google Drive but I can't find any option to do so.

Surely somebody knows how to do this. But if not, any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Steven58

Ever try downloading the files from drive?

Sagar Shah and ocnbrze like this.
  3. hurtstotalktoyou

Well that's a potential workaround, yes. But I guess I'd like an app where I can just play the music directly without the hassle of first downloading them to the phone and then deleting them when I'm done.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Steven58

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. hurtstotalktoyou

Thank you but unfortunately that's for Google Drive in Windows, not android.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Steven58

For your phone.. Oh..... I didn't see that from your post, but I gues that was understood.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Steven58

i don't find anything

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. n0tall0wed

n0tall0wed Android Enthusiast

You could upload the music to your Google music and listen to them that way.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i second google music....it is what i use.

10. hurtstotalktoyou

Well I'm down for a different service if that's what's necessary. But Google music is demanding my credit card info and I can't do that. Thanks though.

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if credit card is an issue, why not get a visa gift card and ues that? it works just like a credit card but it is not tied to you financially.

12. spy shop

spy shop Newbie

It;s very simple ,go to google music ,all the music library will be showing there.click and play.:)

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've never had that happen, Google Music wanting $$$, although I've never stored music on Google. I've only used Drive for documents and the occasional ROM I've shared.

Dannydet likes this.