1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I prevent automatic volume turndown?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Martin Young, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Martin Young

Martin Young Lurker

I used to be able to listen to podcasts on my car stereo at normal volume from my LG G2 through a cassette adapter plugged into the phone's output jack. Now the casts start off fine, but then suddenly become inaudible as my phone suddenly and for no reason reduces output volume with the message "media and call volume automatically turned down to protect your hearing." I do not want to crank up my car stereo volume as this results in an ear-bruising burst of sound whenever I switch the device over to FM radio. How do I get the LG G2 to stop ruining my podcast experience? How do I get this bug (it has no value, so it's not a "feature") removed or disabled on my non-rooted LG G2 phone?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by AZgl1500, Jan 17, 2016 (4 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I use MacroDroid to over-ride all settings period.

the free version gives you 5 macros that can only handle '1' feature at a time.

the upgrade version will let you add on extra features for each macro.

give it a whirl, I use it to set the volume for about anything you have ever heard of...
    I am hard of hearing, and must keep the phone at MAX volume or it is muted for me.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

AMOCO and mikedt like this.
  4. Martin Young

Martin Young Lurker

Thank you so much. I had no idea this app existed, and I've been wanting something like it for as long as I've had a smartphone. I'm installing it right now, and will probably purchase the upgrade.

5. Martin Young

Martin Young Lurker

I think this app will help somewhat. It's unfortunate that "system turns volume down" is not a listed macro trigger however. If I could set a macro to turn the volume back up everytime the system turns it down, I would be very happy. However, I have set "shake phone" and "insert headphone" to trigger max volume in the music stream, and this should help a lot. However, I really don't want to be messing about with my phone at all while I'm driving. Does anyone know a macro app that can be triggered by system actions?

#4 Martin Young, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews