• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do i prevent damaged storage

If you're talking about the external SD card, buy a SanDisk card, make sure it's not a counterfeit (a 32GB Extreme for $30 is), unmount it before taking it out.

I don't work for SanDisk, so this isn't an advertisement. There are only 2 factories making chips for SD cars, SnDisk.Toshiba and Samsung. Everyone else buys whatever they can get (lots of rejects) and packages them. SanDisk (and Samsung, but they're overpriced IMO) make the chips and use the best ones. And if you ever have problem with a SanDisk card you'll be surprised. They treat you like a customer. I stick with companies like that. (In all the years I've been using their cards, I've only had problems with 3 of them - I lost the case they were in and can't find it. I have a few 256MB cards - that's how old they are. They still work fine.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones