1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I prevent guest wifi disconnect?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by dorlow, Feb 7, 2020.

1. dorlow

dorlow Well-Known Member

So, at my work, the cell reception is terrible. We have a guest wifi available, but for some reason while I'm connected to it, it disconnects extremely often. I like to stream music all day while I work. On another post about a different question, someone made a comment about wifi disconnecting and suggested i try a vpn. He said it will create a connection which should prevent me being constantly booted from the guest wifi.

I signed up for Nord VPN. Being on the VPN does seem to make it better, but I'm still getting disconnected from the guest wifi often. Today I also downloaded an app called keep alive which is supposed to keep traffic going over wifi to keep the connection alive. Well, it didnt help.

Btw, it's not just my phone. My coworkers have the same issue. One of my coworkers says if he's not streaming music, he's disconnected often. But as long as he's streaming music, he stays connected.

Does anyone have any other ideas how to prevent my phone from constantly being booted from the guest wifi?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by MoodyBlues, Feb 7, 2020 (3 points)
  3. dorlow

dorlow Well-Known Member

Btw, I have a Samsung Note 10+.

4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

That points to a problem at the source, therefore nothing you can do on your device will fix it.

Have you talked to your IT support department/person about it? If they're not aware that there's a problem, you should let them know. Be sure they're aware that you're not the only one affected, otherwise they may brush it off.

puppykickr, MrJavi and Dannydet like this.