• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do i REALLY delete things off my phone?

erry

Jan 19, 2011
yesterday i stupidly installed soundcloud on my HTC desire and it took my amount of free space down to 10 mb's from around the 15 mb mark- and caused my phone to endlessly reboot itself over and over- so i attempted to delete it in the normal way-- and it has now gone from my apps list-- but my amount of free space has now remained at 10 mb's and i can't find a way of getting rid of it--

even though i have attached the phone to my computer as a disk drive-- and gone in to the files and found it and deleted it there, but when i was in there i also found acouple of other apps that i though i had removed-- and have also tried to clear the cache's using the appstosd app

anyone got any suggestions?-- cheers in advance

i find it annoying that i have to try to set my freespace at around the 15mb mark- because i find that if it drops below that i get the warning message on my top bar-- and it won't allow my other apps to update properly

is there a quick way of getting rid of all the half broken programmes that are left even after you remove them

Have you rebooted the phone since the endless reboot loop / uninstall to check memory hasn't come back?

I tend to clear caches with accleaner as mentioned above (which is very good at that). I also use "uninstaller" to uninstall apps if I cannot successfully do it via the market.

I know installing uninstaller can be tricky given your current space, but if you can, it may be worth looking into.

Reactions: erry
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones