1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

How do I Recover data from broken SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by moaqra, Jan 3, 2013.

1. moaqra

moaqra Guest
    None
    Hello,

I was closing the back cover of my phone when I accidentally left the Micro SD card half way open which means it was not fully inserted. As a result, it snapped in to two pieces as shown in the link below. I had important files and I need a solution to recover the pictures/videos so I can transfer them on to my computer. When I insert the SD card in to a card reader or my phone it does not even recognize it even though it sits in properly (lock not broken as shown in picture). Do I have to attach it back together for it to work and if so then how? I need a solution to recover my data but my PC isn't recognizing the SD card and I've tried other cards and it recognizes them. Any help is appreciated. The phone is Samsung Galaxy S2.

Pic of SD card: i48.tinypic.com/69kkgi.jpg

Thank you for your inputs.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to AF! :)

There are (expensive) data recovery companies that specialize in getting data off of (nearly) destroyed cards.

Also, have you tried a 3rd party app such as Easeus Data Recovery Wizard?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    As the card has broken in half, there's a good chance that the flash-chip and/or controller could be physically damaged. That's why it's not reading even though it appears to be making contact.

Think the only option might be professional data recovery, very expensive, many hundreds of dollars.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    codesplice likes this.