• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do I reinstall Sprint Navigator?

slugbug

Jul 26, 2010
Longhorn Land
I know you get this time and time again (I know, I've been reading and searching here and xda all weekend) ....... but I really have researched this. I saw a link somewhere, now i can't find it, I didn't flag it cuz I didn't know I would need it at the time.

I rooted using unrevoked 3.3 (? The newest one), uninstalled all the programs I didn't wanted, played with rooted stock for a while, liked it, then flashed a custom rom. All that ended up OK. I am trying out myn warm twopointwo . I like it !

I have no idea how to reinstall sprint navigation!! The new rom doesn't have it (super cook that most Rome remove the bloatware )

The closest I have seen for a apron is to flash Fresh, it puts the sprint apparently in a aspirate folder on the SD card, then coy and instal it back into my current rom. I really don't want too have to wipe, just to come back to the same thing.

How can I find and install Sprint Navigator?

Thanks so much, y'all have been so helpful and patient.

I want too try new kernels and boot animation, bur I am lost without Navigator ; ) Yes I have Google maps but prefer sprint navigator.

I went to Astro and was able to find it on warm's rom, too.

Looks like many of the developers are kind enough to include them a different directory.

Figures that I spent hours researching this, y'all took the time to reply, and it ended up bring easy. Had I not mistakenly uninstalled via Titanium, I would have been able to restore from there, I think.

Upvote 0
A first for someone preferring Sprint Navigator over Google Navigation. I found that SN is quite inferior in everything. O well. Fresh has the .apks in the sd card's fresh uninstalled directory, use adb to install those.

I like them both equally. The deal breaker for me is the voice. I CAN NOT stand the Google Nav voice. It's easy to send an address to my phone and use eather one to get there, I just prefer to go with a voice that is pleasant :) Oh and my music doesnt' stop streaming with Sprint Nav while it does with Google Nav.

Upvote 0
What is fresh? My phone is not rooted. I just want Sprint Navigation back. Can you help? A Sprint ID installed TeleNav and now Sprint Navigation is gone. If I remove TeleNav, will Sprint Navigation come back?

If your phone is not rooted, you should not be able to get rid of Sprint apps. Have you checked your app drawer to make sure its not there?

Fresh is a custom rom that can be flashed on a root Evo. It has most of the sprint bloatware removed but they are stored on the sdcard in case you want to install them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones