1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I remove all traces of root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrisdorman1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. chrisdorman1

chrisdorman1 Member

Hi everyone! I've been extremely busy with work lately so I haven't had a chance to get on these forums in a while. BUT I have a problem I need fixed :p

My microsd card corrupted a few weeks back and since my phone is still under warranty Verizon sent me a new DX. Well.. I gotta send my old one back. The microsd card corruption ended up just being the card and not the phone. So I bought a new card. Problem is my old phone was rooted so I have all the root traces on the old phone. (bootstrapper, emulator, superuser, etc..) I can't send the old phone back with those things on there.

Since my old microsd card corrupted, I can't restore back to the original form because the restore points were on the old microsd card.

So how do I go about getting rid of all these root traces?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

You need to SBF your phone. Sucks that they are sending the replacements with 2 gb sd cards now.

3. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

Yep SBF your phone.

4. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

I could swear there have been occasions where my boot animation was still from the ROM after an SBF. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

5. droidfan1

Maybe if you did a system-only SBF? Full sbfs remove ALL traces.

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

SBFs don't touch data. so if your boot ani was installed to /data/local/bootanimation.zip then it will still be there after the fact.

7. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

SBF back, do a data wipe and remove any and all traces of root programs. You will be fine. Heck I know a lot of people that send them back rooted, etc.

8. droidfan1

I have had different bootanimation.zips in my data local that got removed from sbf or was it because I wiped data after sbf?

9. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Are you serious? Man, I'm glad I got mine with the 16 gig card. 32 would have been better but I can always buy one. You gotta love how they start to get cheap near the middle/end of a cellphones life huh?

10. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Because you wiped data. Most people will think the SBF does it all but if you were on a stock rom and sbf to that same stock rom you wouldn't need to wipe data. It would still be there. The data wipe is there because most of the time the data that you had is not compatible with where you're going.

yeah it sucks. But I've got mine so I'm good :D

11. droidfan1

Yes but I had the default animation before the wipe. It changed from an emerald custom one to the stock one after sbf. Then I wiped as I bootlooped, but still went back to stock default animation bootanimation.

12. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Then it must have been installed in /system/media/bootanimation.zip

13. droidfan1

Only it wasn't as I put it in data/local lol.

14. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Then I dunno what to tell you lol

15. droidfan1

Lol who knows.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews