1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How do i restore to stock os from miui

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Electrorange, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Electrorange

Electrorange Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Im going to send my triumph back to vm and im not sure what the best way to restore to the stock os to ensure that the waranty is not voided

Thanks

Advertisement

2. shmackshmack

None

Dec 9, 2011
    Los Angeles

boot into recovery by turning phone completely off, holding both volume buttons and pressing Power. phone will boot into CWM recovery (if thats what you used to flash MIUI, which it really should be)

once your in, select your nandroid backup from the "restore" section and thats it.

now... if you somehow did not make a backup, when all the instructions and How-Tos CLEARLY told you to do so... well, that wouldnt be very smart at all.

but a quick search on the forums for "stock triumph rom" might be able to find you a stock rom you can flash through cwm recovery.

once the stock rom is back, boot into download mode while connected to a PC, and replace the cwm recovery, which should be named "recovery.img" with the original stock recovery, which you probably renamed. the stock recovery should once again be named "recovery.img" and the CWM recovery can either be deleted or renamed.

this is all day one stuff, if you got MIUI on your phone in the first place, it shouldnt be too hard to reverse it. especially because everything i told you here was in the How-To for getting miui on in the first place.

3. Haris Hussain Khan

None

Jan 8, 2015
    Male
    Need Help,
    I Deleted the Original Backup Recovery img How do i Get One of the Stock Img's for CWM Recovery Tool of Note 2 n7100