1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How Do I Revert to Ice Cream on T Mobile Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by americanjd, Jan 5, 2013.

1. americanjd

americanjd Lurker

I updated to Jelly bean two days ago because I got a message from t mobile to update my phone. I could not get red of the message and it kept popping up everytime I used my phone.

So stupid me I upgraded to Jelly Bean and now totally regret it.

Jelly Bean is just a bit smoother, but funtionality was better in Ice Cream.

The problem I am having is that when I use voice text input, I can no longer choose the language of voice text input. Jelly Bean thinks it is multi lingual and can automatically determine what language is being used.

That is far from the case. Now, Jelly Bean can't even understand English.
    It keeps inputs wrong words and uses the Korean Alphabet to type English words.

I got rid of the automatic tab in the Language input section and listed the various languages that I wanted to use. But Jelly Bean won't give me the option of choosing the language of speech input. So the text comming out is entirely wrong.

Back in Ice Cream, it was fantastic. I only had to tell the device what language it was and the output was almost perfect.

Please tell me now to revert back to Ice Cream....hopefully without having to reinstall all my apps.

Thank you.

PS TMoble: don't force these crappy updates on us. Let us decide if we want to update or not!!!!! Please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steveu694

steveu694 Android Enthusiast

Do a factory reset.

3. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

What? How is that going to restore an EARLIER OS version?

4. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

It won't but it may solve his problems he is having with 4.1.1.

The only way to get back to ICS would be to root and install the ICS rom.

Warning rooting does void the warranty.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Oh with the T-Mobile US s3 you need root?

On the GT-i9300, you can simply flash official firmware via Odin

6. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

SUroot that may work also.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews