• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Do I Revert to Ice Cream on T Mobile Galaxy S3

americanjd

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
I updated to Jelly bean two days ago because I got a message from t mobile to update my phone. I could not get red of the message and it kept popping up everytime I used my phone.

So stupid me I upgraded to Jelly Bean and now totally regret it.

Jelly Bean is just a bit smoother, but funtionality was better in Ice Cream.

The problem I am having is that when I use voice text input, I can no longer choose the language of voice text input. Jelly Bean thinks it is multi lingual and can automatically determine what language is being used.

That is far from the case. Now, Jelly Bean can't even understand English.
It keeps inputs wrong words and uses the Korean Alphabet to type English words.

I got rid of the automatic tab in the Language input section and listed the various languages that I wanted to use. But Jelly Bean won't give me the option of choosing the language of speech input. So the text comming out is entirely wrong.

Back in Ice Cream, it was fantastic. I only had to tell the device what language it was and the output was almost perfect.

Please tell me now to revert back to Ice Cream....hopefully without having to reinstall all my apps.

Thank you.

PS TMoble: don't force these crappy updates on us. Let us decide if we want to update or not!!!!! Please.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones