• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I root Eris Droid on Mac OSX? Been looking for hours...

gollumXcore

May 2, 2010
maybe I'm being dumb...but I usually can track down whatever I'm looking for. No luck this go round. I've been looking for like two hours now on a way to get the stock Droid Eris 1.5 to the root 2.1 so that I can use live wallpapers and have root capabilities. I'm using a mac mini with osx...cant seem to find any instructions for mac. can anyone direct me to a thread or anywhere that I may be overlooking? I am dying to get this thing to 2.1 root...thank you so much in advance!

im following this thread:
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

when i get to section A part 8, it tells me this:
8. Right-click My Computer > Properties, and go to Device Manager. You should see a device with a yellow exclamation next to it, this is your phone (if you don't see it you probably forgot to enable USB debugging mode)

9. Right-click the device, select Update Driver. Browse to your Android SDK directory, and you should see a "USB Driver" folder in it now. If you don't, you forgot to download the USB Driver package when in "SDK Setup.exe". Select the driver in that folder.

how would I go about doing this on a mac?

Upvote 0
i've done that, but it doesnt give me the option to update drivers. i click apple > about this mac > more info > usb > android phone....but i dont see anything clickable, it's all just text...how do i update the driver like it's saying in the step? im sorry if i'm bugging you...but i just want to be sure to follow the steps so i dont brick my brand new phone

Upvote 0
i've done that, but it doesnt give me the option to update drivers. i click apple > about this mac > more info > usb > android phone....but i dont see anything clickable, it's all just text...how do i update the driver like it's saying in the step? im sorry if i'm bugging you...but i just want to be sure to follow the steps so i dont brick my brand new phone

your not bugging me. honestly i dont know. i am in the leak so i cant root. tryi posting in the root section. they can probably help more

Upvote 0
Gollum. Go to thefuzz4.net I went thru that while debauchery a couple months ago. Read the the dialogue in my thread I started there. Have your phone set to charge, not storage. Usb debugging must be on. Run the cd android sdk commands and then run adb commands starting with... ./adb and you should new set. Those guys are helpful over there they may ask you to join them on irc if your still stuck.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones