• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Do I Save Pop3 Email?

JoeKC

Nov 10, 2009
Coming from a BB I just assumed my Pop3 email from Roadrunner would be saved on my Droid. I can reply, etc., but I can't find any way to save it or file it on the Droid.

Once I get home and download it to my computer it's gone forever. I tried K9 mail and it's the same.

Is there no way to save email for later?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I use Outlook on the desktop for permanent archive. If that's not an option for you, you can forward any required messages to your gmail account, and archive them via the native gmail app on the Droid.

K-9 has a "Compact" feature...not sure what that does but it may be similar to Outlook Express' feature. I don't remember though if it was for reclaiming space, archive, or just plain delete all. Go to the "Accounts" screen, press and hold the account, and a menu list will appear. Given the "Clear all Data" option, Compact may be an archive...but don't quote me. Setup a new email account somewhere, sent a message, and test.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones