• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I secure wipe rooted phone with kernal and MIU Rom?

Tiako

Apr 20, 2010
I am selling my phone in about two days and it is rooted with Revolution. So cannot be unrooted. How can I secure wipe my device for sell. I also want to make sure they can't restore a back up from boot up.

MIU rom has restore defaults but I don't think this is secure.

Ah I didn't know they found a way to unroot with Revolution. Thanks

Is there a way to secure wipe without unrooting tho?
ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip Works good you should also change the SD Card maybe supply a cheap 4Gig one that is fresh out the pack I run this before doing a new ROM and have never had issues it wipes 3 times.

Upvote 0
Kinda. Things like pictures and music are stored there. Data from apps are often stored there (caches and ebooks).

Things like your ROM (not the .zip file, the actual files) are stored in the phone's memory.

Put your card into a windows machine and you'll notice all these folders beginning with a ".". These are hidden files in linux. These are the kinds of data left behind on the SD card.

When you sell the phone, are you keeping your card? If yes, okay. If no, then backup your data to you comp (or dropbox or whatever) and then format the card a few times. Write some data to it, and format it again (if you are really paranoid).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones