1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

How do I see photos sent from iphone?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by chiddler, Sep 21, 2010.

1. chiddler

chiddler Member

Sep 21, 2010
    My friend sent me a picture via his iphone. He simply selected send to a friend, punched in my phone number and it was sent. Thus, i'm guessing its MMS.

I cannot see the image; it gives me an "unsupported media type".

Can anyone give any advice on how I would see the sent image?

Thank you!

EDIT: I should add this question: Do any of you fellow android users have this same problem? Do any of you NOT have this problem?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Ive never had this problem. Sounds like he either isnt sending a text, or is sending a picture that is not a jpg.

3. hewittd

hewittd New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I have the exact same problem on my HTC Desire (Telstra Australia ROM 2.1). I haven't found a solution yet. Does any one have a solution that doesn't involve losing everything on my handset and starting again with a different ROM version?

4. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Cartographer
    Birmingham, AL
    My co-worker has an iPhone 3Gs and yesterday we both installed Bump on our phones and sent pictures/contacts back and forth with no issues. He's picture messaged me once before and it worked fine as well, I've never heard of an issue like that.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    I've also had a similar problem. My friend has the iphone and 99% of the time when he sends a pic, I cannot see it... don't even get the "unsupported format" message....I haven't figured it out yet. I get pix from other friends with different phones with no prob. ho-hum.

6. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Awsome-o
    Birmingham, MI
    when i used to get pics from my 3gs friend, it was in a 15 second MMS where the pic would show up for the last 4 seconds or so

needless to say, he has a captivate now...... ;)