• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I set MP3s as notifications in other apps?

I've had my Droid since November and I guess I went into autopilot since because I never had a problem doing this. But now that I had to replace my phone, I no longer know how to set any 'ole mp3 file as a notification or ringtone in other programs.

For example, I used to be able to go into the messaging or Google Voice app and from there choose the "select ringtone" and then be given a list of apps I had that let me browse through ALL of my mp3 files. Now when I choose "select ringtone," I'm only able to access the system ringtones and notifications.

So what app do I need to download that'll enable me to browse through all audio files for any app's notifications and ringtones? Thanks.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm looking for something that doesn't require having to load up sounds into a particular folder. From what I remember, I used to be given an option to use a number of programs that let me choose any mp3 from any location as my ringtone. Since having my first Droid crap out on me, the program landscape has changed and I can't remember which apps allowed me to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones