• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I set up groups for texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItalianHunk

Aug 9, 2010
Riverside, CA
I did a search on this and found some posts on it but the wording was a bit different and there didn't seem to be any solutions.

On my Captivate, I have all my contacts synced from my pc's google account. So when I click on Phone, Contacts, all my contacts have the google logo next to the phone number. When I click on Groups, it shows Family, Friends, Google, etc. It has zero contacts in all groups except for 30 contacts in my Google groups. (which is all the contacts I have in my phone.)
On my friends Captivate, he doesn't have his contacts synced from Google. He goes into his Contacts, Groups and can click on Family or Friends and can add people from his contacts to the Family or Friends group.
I can't do this cause all my contacts are synced from Google.

Is there a work around for this? Hope I made sense to someone.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones