• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I stop app's from autorunning and USB problem?

Cailer

Lurker
Aug 5, 2013
I was wondering how I can stop app's from running. I end them with the task manager but then they start right back up. The app's I am talking about is Chaton and Google+ and Maps. I don't use any of these and am not signed into any of them but they won't stop opening. Also I see Settings and Contacts in there quite often and they are taking up like 50 mb.

My other question is. Is there a way to turn USB mass storage on so when I plug my phone into the USB in the car it will play music through the speakers. I am able to do this with my friend's cheap fake blackberry and it plays the music but not my own.

My phone is the GT-S7560M model.

I was wondering how I can stop app's from running. I end them with the task manager but then they start right back up. The app's I am talking about is Chaton and Google+ and Maps. I don't use any of these and am not signed into any of them but they won't stop opening. Also I see Settings and Contacts in there quite often and they are taking up like 50 mb.

My other question is. Is there a way to turn USB mass storage on so when I plug my phone into the USB in the car it will play music through the speakers. I am able to do this with my friend's cheap fake blackberry and it plays the music but not my own.

My phone is the GT-S7560M model.

Hello and welcome, Cailer.

Many apps and widgets can be stopped in Application Manager, but some cannot as they are tied in with system services which run in the background.

The Google based apps/widgets will persist unless you can remove their most recent updates by tapping the "uninstall" button on each one in Application Manager.

They won't uninstall, but the updates to them will, and reverted like that they will take up much less in resources.

Chaton is a Samsung product, and will also remain running unless you can go into the Application Manager and clear data and cache, then try the uninstall as with Maps to see if it reverts to a previous version that does not use as much cpu. I doubt it. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones