• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I stop Froyo OTA that started downloading?!?

kevro_86

Apr 8, 2010
HELP!

I have a rooted Droid X on 2.1

After hearing about the crap Motorola pulled with the bootloader, I decided to wait on the ota update to Froyo until someone either figures a workaround, or they don't...to which I will update via the latest leak.

PROBLEM: After twice saying NOT to download this ota, I look down at my status bar and it shows something downloading at 10%...It's the syatem update!!!! I immediately pulled the battery, only to have the download continue upon restarting the phone. I am currently in Airplane mode waiting to hear if there is a way to KILL, CANCEL or STOP this download from installing!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Kevro

I'm holding off on 2.2 as well, and I also had my phone go and download it by itself and ask to install it. :\ I noticed the window asking me to install says that if I hit "Later," it will remind me again in 12 hours. Well, I hit "Later," and before the 12 hours was up, I went to the About Phone menu and hit Check for System Update, which brought up the window again. So I hit "Later" again, and guess what! Suspended for another 12 hours! Seems to be working so far... Just hope I don't forget to keep doing it...

Reactions: kevro_86
Upvote 0
Thanks Guys!

So if I let it download but say "NO" to the Install, I would then be able to install the leaked Froyo and it would quit asking me to install the OTA version?

I guess if I can root the OTA 2.2, it's not a huge deal, but I'd like to change the notification bar, and I think I need more than root to do that. Also, when Gingerbread leaks start happening a few months from now, it would be nice to not be at Verizon & Motorola's mercy when it comes to getting that upgrade.

Thanks Again!!

Kevro

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones